The Club has a Leadership Development Program, through appointing Team Captains.
- Are student athletes that the rest of their teammates respect and support;
- Respect and support all their teammates at all times;
- Never put themselves above the team;
- Understand that they are subject to the same rules and consequences as every other member of the team;
- Support the coaches and the team/coaches’ philosophy in public and front of their teammates;
- Assist the coaches when and whenever possible;
- Are coachable, accountable, responsible, dependable and honest;
- Are leaders in other environments too, as volunteers within the school and community.
- Have the ability to listen and the wisdom to inspire – and can mentor younger swimmers.
Captain’s responsibilities include:
- Regular communications and meetings with the head coach;
- Attending the PNS House of Delegates meeting twice a year;
- Promoting the mission and vision of the club among the athletes;
- Being the first on deck and the last to leave;
- Attending all meets as required by the head coach;
- Understanding all team policies and procedures;
- Modeling the expected athlete behavior and lead by example;
- Promote a positive team attitude.
- Acting as a liaison between coaches and swimmers.
- Acting in a leadership role, promoting team spirit.
- Acting as an athlete representative in a disciplinary situation.
- Attending and participating in all team meetings and training sessions, unless excused by the Head Coach.